HERE IS A QUICK SUMMARY OF HOW TO SET UP YOUR SCA 1 HEADLAMP AIMER: 1. Setting the floor slope
- Lower the optical head to about 1 foot off the floor.
- Level optical head by rotating eccentric wheel at rear of base until level vial registers "level."
- Place the laser in position on top of the optical head and turn laser on.
- At center of front wheels of vehicle, measure the distance from the floor to where the laser strikes the measuring device.
- At center of rear wheel of vehicle, measure the point where the laser strikes the measuring device.
- If the measurements are not the same, the floor has a slope and adjustments are needed.
- Rotate the floor slope handle left or right on the eccentric wheel until laser strikes the measuring device at the same heights as it did at the front wheel.
- Move to the center of the front wheel and measure the point where the laser strikes the measuring device.
- If both front and wheel measurements are the same, record the position of the eccentric wheel. If measurements at the front and rear wheels are NOT the same, note the front wheel measurement.
- Move to the center of the rear wheel and rotate the eccentric wheel so laser strikes the measuring device at the same height as front wheel measurement, then measure the height of the laser at the front wheel again.
- Repeat this process until both front and rear wheel measurements are the same.
- When both measurements are the same, make note of the floor slope number for this bay.
- Turn off the laser and store in a safe place.
2. Headlamp Alignment
- Turn the sighting unit until you can see the front edge of the optical head through sight lens.
- If the line on the lens does not line up with front edge of optical head, loosen thumbscrews and align lens.
- Tighten thumbscrews.
- Position SCA 1 approximately 12" in front of headlamp to be aligned.
- Set the floor slope to proper setting for current bay.
- Align SCA 1 to vehicle using the sight window and 2 common points on vehicle.
- Turn on the headlamps and move the optical head up, down, left, and right, until the light is centered on the optical head lens.
- Adjust headlamp until the pattern on the ISO screen is in the proper position. *Proper position is centering the most inner area of color over the appropriate white dot of low beam or high beam.
***REPEAT THE ALIGNMENT PROCESS FOR THE NEXT HEADLAMP We now have IN STOCK the Symtech SCA 1 ISOColor Headlight Aimer. The SCA 1 Headlight Aimer is an easy-to-use, precise method of headlamp alignment featuring new ISOColor technology for accuracy. Features of the SCA ISOColor Headlight Alignment System Include: ISOColor Technology Laser Floor Slope Measurement Field Calibration Adjustable Height Accurate and Repeatable Alignment Compact and Portable Non Electric Rotational Mast Durable and Lightweight Call Clark 603-234-2612