1. The electric pump assembly and reservoir are of much lesser quality. It is not uncommon for these to need replacement in 3 years or less. Our lift uses an SPX pump, which is the standard in U.S.
2. The above symbol and certification is very important for liability (accidents), insurance, and for OSHA approval. If your shop is ever visited by OSHA a lift without these certifications does not meet their standards. Our lift meets every certification *ANSI, *ALI, *ETL. The other lift meets none.
3. Versatility of the 3 stage front arms allow correct weight distribution and balancing for mounting vehicles within weight range.
4. Our lift uses nylon bearing surfaces behind each carriage unit that allows years of operation without binding during up and down travel of carriage within column.
5. Our lift also has single point lock release meaning you can operate up and down from 1 station right at the power supply. With the 2 point lock release you have to walk to both sides and manually release the safety locks. This can be a pain, especially when you are busy.
6. Base plate design. Our lift has welded gussets and a solid base plate, not an add-on piece for stability.
7. Service: if needed I am right down the street.
*ANSI (American National Standards Institute): As the voice of the U.S. standards and conformity assessment system, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) empowers its members and constituents to strengthen the U.S. marketplace position in the global economy while helping to assure the safety and health of consumers and the protection of the environment.
* ALI (Automotive Lift Institute, Inc): In 1992, ALI selected Intertek Testing Services, then known as ETL Testing Laboratories, as its strategic partner in developing and administering the first independently verified product certification program for the automotive lift industry. The resulting program launched in 1993 and the first “ALI Directory of Certified Lifts” was published in October of the same year.
In addition to administering and validating the ALI Certification Program, Intertek is one of two independent laboratories recognized by ALI and nationally accredited to perform evaluations in accordance with ANSI/UL 201. This approach to product certification allows for “one-stop shopping” for lift manufacturers, and more specifically, Intertek offers ALI’s Certification Program participants:
* ETL (Originally a mark of ETL Testing Laboratories, now a mark of Intertek Testing Services) is a global leader in testing inspection and certification services. They are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory and tests products to UL, CSA and CE standards.